• Kevin Slowey carried the Twins to an 8-1 victory over the Florida Marlins yesterday with great work both on the mound and at the plate. The 24-year-old right-hander worked 5 innings of 1-run ball and struck out 5 while giving up two hits. He also went 2-2 with a double and 3 RBI at the plate.
The Twins have an off day today, but will play the Cincinnati Reds on Thursday in Sarasota, Florida.
• Today, both Josh Johnson of Baseball Digest (and Josh’s Thoughts) and Phil Miller of the St. Paul Pioneer Press (and Twins Now) discuss Jesse Crain and the setup job. For Johnson’s article, click here. For Miller’s article, click here. I’d give my stance on the subject, but obviously I’m a little biased as I wrote one of the articles.
• Parker Hageman of Over the Baggy asks Where Does Nick Blackburn Go From Here? Its a great article and although I like Blackburn, I have to agree with Parker in that former-Twins starter Carlos Silva may be a future indicator for Blackburn’s future with the Twins.
• Seth Stohs of Seth Speaks asks readerss What Would You Do? in regards to a few issues the Twins currently have. They include the catcher situation, the backup infielder situation and the bullpen situation. Also, make sure to check out Seth’s Weekly Minnesota Twins Podcast that he hosted last night. For guests he had Twins prospect Zach Ward, Wally Fish of Twinkie Talk and Jack Steal of Fanatic Jack Talks Twins. They discussed pretty much every Twins topic imaginable, so make sure to check that out. Both Fish and Steal recently started new Twins blogs and both are worth a look.
• Yesterday, La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune gave us a few tidbits from Minor League camp including an impressive home run from Twins prospect Angel Morales.
• Thrylos from The tenth inning stretch gives us his take on the Rochester Red Wings 2009 Roster. If you can look into it, you can basically see who Thrylos is picking to make the Twins 25-man roster out of Spring Training.
This post can also be found at BaseballDigest.com.