June 25, 2007

About the Blog/Author

Hello everyone.

In case you aren't sure, my name is Josh Johnson and I am the sole author of Josh's Thoughts. I was born a Twins fan and have lived in Minnesota my entire life. I am a Journalism student at Saint Cloud State University in central Minnesota.

The blog has come a long way since its inception back in June 2007. At that point, I wanted to just find a way to get my thoughts heard and put out there for friends and family to see. I also wanted to hopefully get a start in what I really want to do for my profession, which is sports journalism. Little did I know that it would ever grow to be what it has become and I am still hoping for more. I know this site is not nearly as big as others, but when the expectations are low, it's exciting to see it be anywhere near a success.

I have a passion for not only the Major Leagues, but for the Minor Leagues as well. I have and will believe that Minor League baseball is more interesting as we really get to see players come up from the bottom ranks and progress and grow into Major League All-Stars. It's hard to imagine guys like Ryan Howard or Hanley Ramirez ever playing in the minor leagues, but in fact, both had to put in time at the lower ranks before becoming All-Stars. As many have seen, I have conducted Prospect lists for both the Twins system as well as the entire Minor Leagues and will continue to do so at least once a year.

As for the sites itself, I put absolutely no thought into naming it, which is why it's such a lame name. Also, I'm pretty anal about the layout. Although I'm sure it doesn't look like much to you, I'm proud of the changes I've made over the years. Readability has always been a big concern and I'm glad that I've gotten positive feedback in that area. As for the banner, well, I put a lot of time into making it, but it's very amateurish (come on, what do you expect?) so if you have any suggestions, let me know!

If you have any thoughts or suggestions for the site at all, send me an e-mail at
jajohnson021@yahoo.com.

And for those of you who just can't get enough (I hear silence) you can also read me on the Twins Page at Baseball Digest.com.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job with your write ups on the prospects. You definitely did a lot of work on this. Very good job with all.

Josh Johnson said...

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Dude I loved your site last year!! are you going to update it this year??

Anonymous said...

Dude are you going to update this year? I loved your site last year.. It was one of the best I saw for twins prospects