April 18, 2009

Kubel to the rescue

Don't really have a recap as I'm sure everyone already knows what happened last night... (Go figure; something good happens and I have nothing to say).

One thing though, I guess I don't understand how Kubel's cycle/grand slam fails to be a more deserving ESPN "Top Play" (which ranked Kubel's blast at 8) than a diving stop from David Wright (which didn't decide the game) and a throwout at third base by Hunter Pence (which again, did not decide the game). Don't get me wrong, both were outstanding plays, it just bothers me when I know that if it had been Derek Jeter (or any media baby) hitting the cycle/grand slam it would have been number one. Where's the love? I'm not saying it should have been number one, but certainly higher than eighth. (And I know I'm preaching to the choir on this issue, but it still irks me).

0 comments: