September 19, 2007

Short post

Sorry, I have quite a bit of homework to do (again) tonight, so I'm sorry to say that it's going to be a short post today.

A few thoughts
  • As I'm sure everyone has heard, Ron Gardenhire has named Nick Punto the front-runner for the starting second base job next season. A lot of people disagree with the decision and rightfully so, Nick Punto has been pretty dreadful offensively. Defensively, he has made some great plays as usual, but not enough to make him an everyday starter.
  • What does this mean for Alexi Casilla? Seth Stohs said that he believes that Gardy's comments about him and Punto could be to light a fire under Casilla's arse to put in more effort on the field. I hope he's right, but I'm not that hopeful. I think Casilla will find his way between Rochester and Minnesota until he's ready. I think the Twins would like to play him as much as possible, even if it's not in Minnesota. Matt Tolbert will likely be used as a backup 2nd baseman next year.
  • Another intriguing thought is that Matt Moses played a little 2nd base at the end of the season, could he be in the Twins future plans for 2nd base? As much as I like Casilla, I can't help but be optimistic about what Moses could bring (offensively) at 2nd base. He has a lot of work to do before even considering him into the future plans, but I like the thought.
  • Joe Christensen made an excellent post, asking the fans to stay optimistic for the remainder of the season, and (although it's tough) I agree!
  • Speaking of Seth Stohs, he has a great Q&A with Reliever Tim Lahey. It's another fantastic interview.
  • I don't like making promises that I can't keep, but I promise I will have the Snappers Season Recap up tomorrow.

0 comments: